October 2, 2008

The 21st century began October 1, 1982

I had hoped to put this up yesterday to herald ”The Dawn of a New Disney Era” circa 1982, but it just didn’t happen. (Maybe that’s somehow appropriate. After all, we’ve certainly seen a new Disney era. It just didn’t happen the way Walt likely hoped.)

I confess that I have never trekked from the left coast to EPCOT and WDW. I’ve held onto this optimistic coin since Cast Activities sent it out shortly after I was hired not from any special fondness for the magical little Park’s younger sister, but simply because I can’t part with any part of my Disneyland experience. I can’t say that what I’ve seen and read online makes me at all eager to visit Walt Disney World, but I could certainly be persuaded otherwise.

In any case, here’s a salute to October 1, 1982. If there are any EPCOT Center fans among the throngs who wander over to this blog, this one’s for you!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I've never been there, either. But I think it would be fun to see it some day. When it's not a gazillion degrees outside with 3000% humidity.