June 1, 2009

Would you miss them?

The following adventures and attractions are not operating today:
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Tarzan's Treehouse™
Indiana Jones™ Adventure
Splash Mountain
Star Tours
Innoventions
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Gadget's Go Coaster
"Honey, I Shrunk the Audience"
Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
Donald's Boat
Goofy's Playhouse
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Golden Zephyr
Orange Stinger
Mickey's Fun Wheel
California Screamin'
Grizzly River Run
Maliboomer
Mulholland Madness
Soarin' Over California
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
It's Tough to Be a Bug!
MuppetVision 3D
Toy Story Mania!
Flik's Flyers
Francis' Ladybug Boogie
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
Jumpin' Jellyfish
King Triton's Carousel
Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
Princess Dot Puddle Park
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Featuring "The Magic of Brother Bear" show
S.S. Rustworthy
Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I would not miss even one of those attractions! I'd rather have Adventure thru Inner Space over Star Tours (they could have done an updated version of ATIS by now.) And as long as I could still go to Orlando to ride Soarin' and to Tokyo to ride their far better version of Monsters Inc., then they could remove all of DCA and I wouldn't even flinch. Oh, and bring back the PeopleMover!

TokyoMagic! said...

P.S. Ooops, you left Pinocchio off the list! Wow, 1981...what a great time period for the park...the destruction hadn't started yet (except for Nature's Wonderland). And the 1981 Xmas season was the one and only time I ever worked at the park (Xmas parade)....great memories.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

With the exception of Splash Mt. (only because somehow I get great photo's of the exterior, I rarely ride it) I wouldn't miss any of these, heck, I've never even seen most of these! And some that I have seen (Honey I shrunk the fun) are so lame I want my money back....

DIsney On Parole said...

I'm with you VDT. only I wanted my money back after The Winnie the Pooh ride! it should have given me a clue when the seat you in what looks like a pile of crap with a leaf stuck in it!
out of that list: I would miss
Soarin Over, Buzz and Toy Story...
THAT'S IT!
and while we're on it... BRING BACK THE SPACE STAGE! heck BRING BACK STAGE SHOWS!!!
now you have me all worked up! LOL

Eric said...

I have that actual guide book shown in the pic. Great blog, just found it today!

mollymouse said...

As a current CM (well, in DTD) this is my era at Disneyland so to speak. Obviously, I didn't even go to the park in the 80's, but I absolutely love the current park! Yes, even the majorly flawed DCA.

Also, they are making MAJOR changes and half of DCA is leaving. The Orange Stinger (which I loved!), Mulholland Madness, S. S. Rustworthy and the Maliboomer will be heading to the big Disneyland in the sky.

PS: This is one amazing blog! Thanks for showing me the Disneyland I never knew! :D

Yellows said...

MollyMouse-

You're welcome! We Cast Members understand the Magic Kingdom in ways that guests don't really have a chance to experience. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed learning about my Disneyland and that you are also enjoying yours so well.

Who knows? Maybe in twenty years you'll have your own blog about the best possible job!